When Max Marx and Herman Bensdorf opened Marx & Bensdorf Real Estate and Investment Company in 1868, it was the first real estate firm in Memphis. Their mission to create a small company with a big heart for its clients and its community continues on today.
READ MORE: What Did Memphis Look Like 150 Years Ago?
149 Monroe office, built in 1928. Image from historic-memphis.com
Celebrating 150 Years of Excellence
As we celebrate our 150 year anniversary this year, we’re taking time to reflect on how our company has grown and evolved over the last century and a half. As the oldest real estate firm in Memphis, we’ve become acquainted with our territory, its economic climate, its markets, and its people.
LEARN MORE ABOUT MARX-BENSDORF
EXCELLENCE IN THE COMMUNITY
With more than 150 years of experience helping Memphians find their dream homes, we’ve come to understand what makes community so important.
Marx Bensdorf, REALTORS is a small company with a big heart. From world renowned health care institutions to local nonprofits that provide opportunities for adults with special needs, we are actively involved in working with local and national non-profits. Just a few of the ways we’ve helped make the world a better place include:
- Granting wishes for Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Donating office furniture to SRVS
- Walking to defeat ALS
- Supporting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Running a half marathon to support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Annually providing school uniforms and supplies to Brewster Elementary
- Annually supporting the West Clinic Ride To Fight On fundraising event
- Providing funding for Teri Trotter’s Pink Wig Project for women fighting breast cancer
- Regularly supporting Literacy Midsouth
Marx-Bensdorf contributes funds for the purchase of school uniforms and supplies to Brewster Elementary each year.
Unlike other real estate firms that have established locations all over the country, Marx-Bensdorf is uniquely tied to the Memphis community. This is our home. These are our people. Our dedication to the city of Memphis and its people are a result of our love of our community.
EXCELLENCE IN THE INDUSTRY
In addition to working with a variety of non-profit organizations, our agents also serve on various committees, organizations, and activities at the Memphis Area Association of Realtors and throughout Memphis and the surrounding areas.
In addition to being an award winning member of Leading Real Estate Companies of the World® , our agents have achieved numerous professional accomplishments, including:
- Multi-Million Dollar Club Members: 30 (21 are life members)
- Average years in real estate business: 18
- Average years at Marx-Bensdorf, REALTORS: 11
- Agents who have held office at the Memphis Area Association of Realtors (MAAR): 9
- Agents who have held office with the Multi-Million Dollar Club: 4
- Agents who have held office with the Women’s Council of Realtors: 3
- Tennessee Licensed Brokers: 9
- Realtor Emeritus (Licensed Realtor for 40+ years): 3
Over the past 150 years, our firm has helped thousands of buyers find their dream homes. Ready to find yours? View our available listings today.